“That’s right! We need a name! It should be something colorful and dramatic, like…the Avengers.”
Here’s to Janet Van Dyne, one of the founding members of the Avengers and whom MCU decided to erase.
his face wrecks me.just that look of ‘he’s here, he’s alive , but i failed him and now hes trying to kill me’
jfc this movie was everything.
#oh okay #are we doing this #because i like how he is so fucking /floored/ to see the person trying to kill him wearing his best friend’s face #that he stops dead #and wouldn’t have defended himself even if the soldier had time to finish the job #and when he hears the assassin speak and it comes out in bucky’s voice #forget it #he is don e#benched #all desire to to take part in this fight is g o n e #compliant to the point where rumlow’s looking at him in confusion because cap doesn’t lay down that easy #’I just like to know who I’m fighting’ ugh he didn’t even KNOW (via jellicle-ball)
Today was an exceptional day.
White supremacy in action.
i’ve seen the sphinx in person and it very clearly does not have european features.
i keep standing in awe of how fucked up this world is seriously - you need to change the features of fucking ancient statues now.
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, “we’ve always done it this way.”
"Come on, let’s mix it up!" The heart surgeon says.
"B-but we’ve always done it this way!" The other replies, "this is how you replace a heart valve."
"That’s the most dangerous phrase in the human language!" The first surgeon replies haughtily as he inputs a fruit loop into the patient’s heart. "This will be his valve. He will be a fruit loop in a world of Cheerios."
(taken from this post on the experiments of Harry Harlow)
This is serious business, because this is a large part of how sexism, racism, homophobia, rape culture, ethnocentrism, etc. continue to happen.
That bullshit heart surgery example doesn’t even make sense though, does that person think that we’re still doing heart surgery the exact same way we’ve always done heart surgery? As if medicine isn’t constantly changing and updating? Wow it’s almost like people are finding excuses to not have to think critically about the world!
Eid al-Fitr in Gaza
1. Palestinian children play on a mini Ferris wheel outside an United Nations school in Jabalia in the northern Gaza Strip, on Monday at the beginning of the Muslim Eid al-Fitr festival that ends the monthlong fast of Ramadan. Photo Credits: Mahmud Hams/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images
2. Palestinians in Gaza participate in Eid al-Fitr prayers at Al-Faruq Mosque, which was damaged a week ago by an Israeli military airstrike. Photo Credits: Abed Rahim Khatib/Pacific Press/Zuma Press
3. Children at the Shifa hospital in Gaza on the first day of Eid al-Fitr on Monday. Photo Credits: Mohammed Talatene/APA Images/Zuma Press
4. A Palestinian boy with his father at prayer on the first day of Eid al-Fitr in Gaza. The U.N. Security Council agreed on a statement Sunday urging Israel, Palestinians and Islamist Hamas militants to implement a humanitarian truce beyond Eid. Photo Credits: Ibrahim Khader/Pacific Press/Zuma Press
5. Displaced Palestinian women from Gaza’s Shujayia district make Eid cakes for their children at an UNRWA shelter in Sheikh Radwan, a district of Gaza City. Photo Credits: Momen Faiz/NurPhoto/Zuma Press
6. In Gaza, Muslims greet each other on the first day of Eid al-Fitr in UNRWA schools that serve as their refuge. Photo Credits: Ibrahim Khader/Pacific Press/Zuma Press
7. Displaced Palestinian boys buy sweets after the Eid al-Fitr prayer at a U.N. school in Jabalia. Photo Credits: Mohammed Abed/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images
8. Displaced Palestinians on Monday attend Eid al-Fitr prayers in Gaza. Photo Credits: Ahmed Hjazy/Pacific Press/Zuma Press
9. Displaced Palestinians at a U.N. school in Gaza City on Monday. Photo Credits: Ezz Al-Zanoun/APA Images/Zuma Press
Photo source: WSJ
marvel: [has a black man walk in the background of the shot of the 6 white avengers]
marvel fandom: REPRESENTATION.
marvel fandom: DO YOU SEE THAT.
marvel fandom: DC, WHERE YOU AT.
marvel fandom: YOUR MOVE, DC.
marvel fandom: ON YOUR LEFT, DC.
Okay but still no DC film has come close to what small steps Marvel has taken towards better representation, and consider things like: every protagonist in Cap 2 apart from Steve was either black or female. And GotG has a black female co-lead! Hopefully it’ll improve further as the universe expands.